Sunday, January 20, 2008

use Google AdSense to add some income from my site, but if you use the option show ads between posts, default position where ads are placed (below te post), isn't a good place for a good result in terms of revenue.

So I have decided to change the position of AdSense and in my Blogger Template, I have find this "suspect" code in the post's footer:

<b:if cond="'data:post.includeAd'">
<data:adend/>
<data:adcode/>
<data:adstart/>
</b:if>


... that is what I'am searching: the AdSense code, placed on template, from Blogger when I have selected show ads between posts option. After some tentatives I have find a good position where to place AdSense, below the title's post, before this line's code (check expand widget in your blogger template):

<p><data:post.body/></p>


So, I have changed AdSense code position above this line, adding an if statement (on bold) to show sponsored links only into the single post, not when an user visits my home page, or browse categories (over 96% of my actual clicks cames from internal pages):

<b:if cond='data:blog.pageType=="item" '>
<b:if cond="'data:post.includeAd'">
<data:adend/>
<data:adcode/>
<data:adstart/>
</b:if>
</b:if>



In this way, AdSense is more visible and in just two day I have improved the number of clicks and my CTR for the most visited pages. If you use Blogger platform for your blog, I suggest to try it.

1 Comment:

  1. zEEROCKz said...
    Salamz there...
    well sorry im askin this question in this section but i need ur advice and help..

    well i want to build a website with mini games(size less than 1mb), so i was thinking to host my files on googlepages, do u think it would be a goog idea as google has a certain badwidth limit???

    i have another question that i have seen a "download" button on many sites which doesn't show file url in any case and when we click on it, a window pop-ups with download options. Do u know how to make that kind a button for blogger???
    thnx for having such gr8 aricles

Post a Comment